Tuesday 19 July 2011

About the Course and Project

I am currently enrolled in CS488, Computer Graphics, at the University of Waterloo. The final project of this course is a self directed project based around 10 different graphics-related objectives. I have choses to add new features to the ray tracer that I made for a previous assignment. As this is a very work-heavy course, my previous ray tracer was never finished, so my project will be lacking a few simple things (mainly phong shading and hierarchical modeling).
The objectives that I have chosen are as follows:

1. Create a GUI for the ray tracer where all features can be turned on/off or varied.

2. Implement aliasing using super sampling.

3. Implement cel-shading.

4. Implement texture mapping.

5. Implement depth of field.

6. Implement fish eye (wide angle) lens.

7. Implement the ability to render additional primitives (mainly cones and cylinders).

8. Implement spacial subdivision.

9. Allow multi-threading.

10. Provide an interesting final scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment